Monday, October 19, 2009

{Christmas Abroad}

Where do you want to spend your Christmas this year?

I would like to spend my Christmas in Moscow in Red Square!



The summer of 1999 before my junior year in college I went on a 2 month mission trip with a team from my school to Russia. We spent a few nights in Moscow and then traveled to several different cities in central Russia. We spent our time with the local church families and spent our days teaching and playing with the children from the churches. We stayed with the families from the churches. We were paired up and spent anywhere from 1-3 nights at their houses. This meant sleeping in a house with complete strangers. Sounds a little scary, but it wasn't. It was the most amazing experience and I will never forget the familes I stayed with. Towards the end of the trip, we spent another night in Moscow before we headed to Frankfurt Germany for 3 days to debrief before we entered the states with the Chaplan and his ministry team of Ramstine Air Force Base. Another amazing experience.

I will never forget these 2 months of my life in College! It was a blessing to be able to minister to those in need and to those who Loved Jesus thousands of miles away from the states. I have always felt a very strong feeling to minister to those internationally, especially Russia. It's a passion of mine and I hope one day I will be able to continue to reach out to these families and continue to gorw the friendships that I made.

Russia is very close to my heart and it always will be!!!!

Blessings to those in need!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails