..my brother and I easter Sunday 1984 (5 yrs old)..
Easter was always a HAPPY Holiday in our house growing up. New Easter dresses, shoes, easter baskets (Mom always went overboard), and super fun family get togethers. Of the few memories I have from my childhood, Easter time is one of them.
I will miss spending Easter with my parents & brother and family this year. I'm thankful to have family out here in VA (Dad's family) and my awesome in-laws and sis-n-laws to spend holidays with when my parents are unable to fly out from CALI!
We have a special addition to our family this year, my niece Olivia who is a month old. It will be fun to celebrate her first Easter together and to see my MIL go crazy over her. She's such a great Nana!
Easter Schedule for the weekend:
1. Good Friday service tomorrow @ 3pm
2. Saturday - preparations for Easter:
- Make Antipasto (full of lots of goodness)
- Bake the shortcake for our strawberry shortcake dessert
- Find something Eastery to wear (trying to avoid shopping - it could get ugly)
- Relax and rest up for a full day on Sunday
- Easter Vigil Candle Light Service (have to see how I feel if I can handle sitting on a hard pew for 3 hours)
- Finish putting together the strawberry shortcake
- Around 11 AM, head to my SIL house to spend Easter with my husbands side of the family
What are your Easter weekend plans?