Tuesday, November 17, 2009

{Complete}


I am proud to announce that I finally completed a project. Since January of this year I've had no attention span what-so-ever!!!! Could it have been due to Wedding Planning? I think so. I decided that I wanted to get back into card making. This was something I use to enjoy doing before I moved to VA. I got all my stuff out, layed it out to begin and I have made 10 Thankgsgiving cards so far! I had a list of how many I needed to make and I've completed the list. My deadline to finish making them was this Sunday and I'm 5 days ahead of schedule. I cannnot tell you how good this feels. I sat at our kitchen table last night for 3 hours and never got distracted. I was very focused and it relieved a lot of stress. It's definitely a great way to relieve stress for me and this is why I will keep up the card making!

I had planned on making Christmas cards, but when I wrote the list of how many I needed, I chose another plan. 35-40 cards sounds way to overwhelming for me right now. I chose to get our Christmas cards through Kodak with our picture printed on a fabulous red and white snowflake background. I was able to pick them up at Target the very next day (yeah, ordering on line at 9:30 pm the night before, and ready by 10 am the next day, what a great deal! They turned so darn cute...I just love them!

I have many great websites/blogs that I visit daily for my car making ideas. There are so many things out there now that do so many fun things to spice up your cards. I plan to visit Michaels during my visit to CA next week and pick up some new items that I have been wanting. Card making does not mean you need to be an artist. It takes bits of creativity, but if you get your ideas from websites/blogs like I do, you will have no problem making beautiful, fun and exciting cards! Once you learn how to use all the fun items that spice up the cards, your creativity expands and you won't be able to stop making them!

I will post pictures of my cards in another blog. I need to take pictures of them still. I will also add the list of websites/blogs that I visit for your pleasure. If you have questions, ideas or comments, please leave me a comment and I'll be glad to help.

Happy Card Making!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails