Thursday, January 21, 2010

{Cards for Texas Children's Hospital}

My friend Meighan and I have been working on a card drive, Cards for St Judes and we are happy to report that the goal has been met. Many of us bloggers have been working hard to get as many cards as we could done before February and we did. Thanks to the lovely Winter at Winter Wonderland, she has put together another card drive for Texas Children's Hospital. The same rules apply to this card drive and it's just like the one we did for St. Judes. If you are interested in participating, let me know and we can work something out so that I send all the cards at one time.Here are some of the guidelines from Texas Children's Hospital:
*Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* Cards must be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope. (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.)

* Please send all cards to me at:
Winter Sims
Cards for Texas Children's Hospital
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664

* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment or a joke.) You can also sign your name and where you are from.
*I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. At the end of the month, I will pick random winners for prizes. I will be adding more prizes, often. The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing. Let your kids get involved too! :)
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards
you sent. (It will help, when I have the drawing.)* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at marcussim@aol.com .
We are excited to start this new card drive and hope that we inspire you to want to as well! If any of you know of any other card drives, or other places we can donate, please let me know. We want to help bring as much joy to kids around the country/world as we can!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!!





2 comments:

  1. So excited to finish these cards!! I wish we got to deliver some too so we could see some happy faces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I know I would love to hand deliver some! One day we will have to make a trip out there and visit the kiddos!:) Can't wait for tonight!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails