Wednesday, February 3, 2010

{thirty.one.today}

{I believe this is my 10th birthday based on the new kids on the block t-shirt haha...and I'm the one in the middle...such a goofy little girl}

Around 7ish 31 years ago, my dear sweet mother gave birth to me.  I was on time (actually born on my due date) and weighed in at 7lbs 13oz.  My parents were thrilled to meet the arrival of their little girl.  They scanned my body making sure I had 10 toes and 10 fingers, and I did (thank you Lord) but when they came to checking out my ears, they noticed something kinda cute: they were super tiny & pointy (I have baby spawk ears).  This has been a joke my whole life now that I have spawk ears and everyone always like to comment on how tiny they are (they really are).  Thank goodness they aren't man size ears! :)

Up until the moment I arrived, my name was suppose to be Laura Lee.  While my Mom was in labor watching TV in the hospital, the actress Lauren Bacall was on TV and she fell in love with the name Lauren.  When they saw me for the first time, I became Lauren Elizabeth (after my grandmother on my Dad's side).  I like Lauren so much better than Laura Lee (sorry Mom).  My brother who was almost 4 at the time knew me as Laura Lee, so when my parents first introduced me to him, he was confused and kept asking, "Where is Laura Lee at"?  He didn't understand that I was Laura Lee and it took him awhile to comprehend this and accept me as Lauren Elizabeth...my parents said he was so concerned that something had happened to me and it was just the cuttest thing.  He has always been a great big brother and I'm thankful that I have such a wonderful brother! :)

My Mom has shared with me over the years how special it is to have a daughter.  I look forward to the day when we have a daughter and have the relationship with her like I do with my Mom.  I've always wanted a little girl and I have always had this gut feeling that this is in God's plan for us....I can see her in my dreams....I can here her voice....she's the most precious thing in the world and I look forward to the day when we get to meet her.  My husband and I are very excited about having a family together and we hope to be parents soon!  Yes, we are trying (so weird for me to say) and we just pray that this is God's will and in His timing! 

I have been very blessed to have lived a very full and filling life!  God has blessed me in so many ways and I couldn't be more thankful.  I have a wonderful family, friends and an amazing husband who I adore more than anything!  Trust in the Lord and he will bring you great things!  I'm thankful to God for bringing me into this world and for instilling in me the passion and desire to witness to others who are in need, suffering or lost without Christ!  This has truly been an amazing gift and I look forward to the ministry oppourtunities that have come my way!

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes....you have all made my day so special already!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails