Tuesday, February 23, 2010

:~: tuesdays tips :~:

....tuesdays tips....

The boredom at work has set in.  This has led me come up with some new blog ideas.  Let's see if I can keep up with all!  I browse many different websites and blogs ...everyday...and ...all day...and I am amazed at all the fun, new and interesting things that I find.  I have used many of the tips they so kindly share and thought I would share a few with you.

...tip #1....
  • for those of you with pets seem to use the vacumm a whole lot, take one of those smelly satchets {you can find them at bed bath & beyond) and place it behind the bag in the vacummn or if you have a bagless vacummn, take your favorite scent {preferrably perfume/cologne} and spray a few sprays in the canister part that holds all the hair and stuff.
...tip #2...
  •  take a ziplock bag in replace of a pastry bag and fill the ziplock with your desired frosting, squeeze all of the frosting down to the bottom {form similar to a pastry bag}, cut the tip off and frost away.  The thicker the frosting the better.
...tip #3...
  • for all of those cookie recipes that say it only makes ...this many... but you end up with like 2-3 batches, you don't have to cook them all at once.  If you have one, use a mellon baller/cookie scoop {like an ice cream scoop} and take the cookie dough and scoop it into balls until it's gone.  Place in ziplock bags {freezer czips} and store until you want to make another batch of cookies.  It saves you time and it's so easy.  You take them out of the freezer, place onto a baking sheet and bake until done....how simple is that?
...tip #4...
  • you look in your fridge and you see all kinds of leftover meat.  For example...you made polska kiebasa {smoked turkey-beef sausage} the night or two before and you don't know what to do with the leftovers.  Well, my genious husband decided he needed meat in our pasta sauce {we had none, so we thought} and thought what the heck, let's put the sausage that is leftover in the pasta sauce to act as italian sausage.  Let me tell you something....at first I was a bit grossed out because one of the flavors of sausage was a weird one that I thought in no way went with red sauce.  I soon found out I was so ...wrong...!  It was so yummy and we have done this a few more times.  It tastes no different than regular italian sausage.

...share some of your favorite household tips by leaving me a comment or post your tips on your blog and leave me a link...

~Happy Tuesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails