Tuesday, March 30, 2010

..ten on tuesday..


Here are my ten on Tuesday thoughts, ideas, likes dislikes or just whatever:

1. Trying to figure out what to make for dessert for Easter at my SIL.  I have some ideas but I don't want to pick something that will require a lot of time which means I would have to stand for too long.  A favorite in my family is strawberry shortcake...I make the shortcake from scratch of course, then fresh strawberries and homemade whipping cream. The more I think about it, the more I think this is a perfect choice.

2. I could go for a super big gulp filled with Dr. Pepper right now...I might just go get one!:)

3. Nervous about my job interview today @ 3 PM {I have not lost my current job, just looking for something better}.  It's for a financial firm in Herdon which is part of Citi Group.  It sounds interesting but it's important that my pay is either the same or more and I need good health insurance that covers everything at 100%! So we shall see.  Stay tuned for more info.

4.  Hate this cold and rainy wheather. Really looking forward to our 70/80 degree wheather this weekend. I can wear something cute and springy for Easter, finally!  

5.  When I was looking for recipes for a dessert for Easter, I went to one of my favorite food blogs and found the cutest cake pops over at bakerella.  Take a peak...she has so many wonderful ideas and everything looks like it tastes aMazing! Depending on how I feel Saturday, I might try to make her cake pops! Something different and fun.

6. I made some more birthday cards that I need to upload here so you can see. I'm actually really shocked at how well they are turning out. Recovering from surgery I don't feel like my brain is on track. But, I'll go with it and continue to make cards hoping they keep turning out so well.

7. My one year wedding anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks and I can't believe it. Where has the time gone? It feels like yesterday I was working on all the last minute details with my Mom feeling so stressed out but super excited for the big day! It was the best day of my life. Love you baby!

8. Anxiously awaiting on June getting here.  It's driving me crazy that I have to wait on something we want more than anything, but it's so worth to get something so special to complete our family.  Stay tuned for more details.  

9. Two of my grandpas aren't doing very well right now.  One of them is undergoing chemo 3 times a week for Lung Cancer, and my other grandpa is so frail that his body is giving out on him. He hurt his back this weekend doing something he shouldn't have been doing - planting flowers with my grandpa. Hello, you are nearing 90 yrs old are lucky to be alive with 90% clogged arteries in your neck. My Mom had to go to the Dr with them this morning and just to get around, he has to use a cane or a walker! I just pray that he stops and realizes he's not 20 and he can't do the same things anymore. I"m so thankful he is still alive. I live 3,000 miles away from them and it's hard not getting to spend time with him. Praying for you grandpa!


10. Looking forward to seeing my SIL from Long Island on Friday.  She is recently engaged so we get to finally meet the lucky guy. No parents, just us kids and our new little niece. Can't wait guys!!!!


What are your Ten on Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails